Sphero is a spherical robot toy designed by Sphero (the company). It is a white orb wrapped in polycarbonate plastic, capable of rolling around, changing colors, running programs, and being controlled by a smartphone or tablet. Much like Sphero, Ollie and other robots developed by Sphero use the same methods for communicating and navigating, so programs developed for one robot will typically work on all Sphero robots.
- Rolling - Sphero robots can roll at a given speed and heading for a given amount of time.
- Colors - Sphero robots can light up in any color.*
- Sensors - Sphero robot's internal sensors include an IMU and Locator
- Bluetooth - Sphero robots connect to devices such an iPads, iPhones, and Android phones and tablets through Bluetooth.
- Robot Languages - Sphero robots support three 'onboard' programming languages. Programs written in these languages are 'run' on the robot.
For more information, watch the Sphero Guided Tour